Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to my first blog. In two days, Allen and I will depart for our Mediterranean cruise and I will attempt to update this blog with info about what we are doing and seeing on our trip. Hopefully, I will even find a way to download some photos. (This all depends on internet access aboard the ship. There is an internet lounge, but we don't yet know what they charge for access or how heavy demand will be. Who knows, there might be hundreds of other bloggers aboard. I'm pretty sure there will be better things to do onboard than sit around waiting for a computer to open up.)

By the way, we will be cruising aboard Swan Hellenic's ship, the Minerva II. Swan Hellenic (http://swanhellenic.com/) is a British company, known for "discovery cruises". We will have several guest lecturers onboard, all of whom specialize in Mediterranean history.

Here is a link to information about this cruise: http://swanhellenic.com/itinerary.asp?CruiseID=220.

And here is information about the Minerva II: http://swanhellenic.com/aboutminerv.asp, including some fun 360 degree views of different areas of the ship.

Finally, here is a link to a shipboard webcam and map of where the ship is at the time you access the page: http://swanhellenic.com/minervawebcam.asp Just remember, if it's daylight in Arizona, it is probably night in Europe, so the webcam might be black.

6 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ed and Allen, An exciting prospect. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Have a great time now.

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh huh huh, you said "cruising"

-Beavis

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jeff SKI Kinsey said...

Have a great time- I'll keep checking for updates!

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, the last note posted a picture of some guy that is obviously not me and used the identity of ski- oops. oh well, I'll still be watching for updates.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed and Allen, I will live vicariously and use your trip/ tavelogue as an educational opportunity to learn about the ancient Mediterranean as well as the art of blogging!
Arrivederci--Karen

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you? I have your itinerary & I'll keep an eye on the webcam. Thanks for the links. They really seem to have the upper hand on the fire- so don't worry. I'll call the homestead in a few days to say hi and see how things are going (or are you reading this too, Val?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home